Wednesday, November 29, 2017

About Me, and the Purpose of this Blog

  Hi!  Let me take a moment to introduce myself, my name is Lisa Lefevre, I live in sunny South Florida, with my husband, Marc and adorable daughter's (yes, I am bias, lol), Madison who is 6 and Marlie who is 3.  Until about a year ago, I was pretty certain there wouldn't be any more little one's in our future, but as I inched closer to 35, I felt as though someone was missing from my life.  I envied all my friend's who had little boy's and had always wished one day to have a son, a real Mama's boy, with big blue eyes and dimples to match his sister's.  On the morning of my 35th birthday, I was shocked and surprised to see 2 lines appear on a pregnancy stick!  After suffering an early miscarriage in April, I knew deep down that this was the little boy I longed for!!

  I have a few purposes of this blog, the first is for friends and family to share along in the excitement as we eagerly await the arrival of little man "M."  The second and main reason is because at 20 weeks I was diagnosed with a condition called Placenta Accreta.  I want to share my story and journey, in hopes that one day, when another scared Mom-to-be receives the same diagnosis, she stumbles across my blog and is able to read my story and know things will all work out okay.  That the "survivor side" as it is referred to in my support group is where we get through this sucky situation and get to hold our beautiful babies and watch them grow up.  That they are not alone and don't have to go through this alone.  The last reason for creating this blog is to provide an outlet for myself and all the emotions; a place to be raw and unfiltered.

For my friends and family who have never heard of Placenta Accreta, I found the links below to be the most helpful in explaining.

https://www.acog.org/Resources-And-Publications/Committee-Opinions/Committee-on-Obstetric-Practice/Placenta-Accreta

http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-complications/placenta-accreta/

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for all the love and support I have been receiving!
Xo,
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment